I finally changed my EDC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Points: 94,697, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Slice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    868
    Glock Armorer?
    Only for my own
    Glocks Owned
    (2) G19, G22, G26, G42, G43
    Rep Power
    5

    I finally changed my EDC

    A Glock is just chunks of metal and plastic, but somehow my G26 became more. Having carried it for close to 3 years, using it through (6) various training classes and untold range outings and round count, I've viewed it as my faithful little puppy dog following me around, always following my commands, performing at least as well as I ask it to.

    Last night I unloaded my little friend, scratched him..erm, I mean "it" behind the ears, put it in the safe with a promise to visit often.

    This morning strapped on the G19.
    Today it is just a firearm: chunks of metal and plastic.
    Perhaps in time it will become my slightly larger puppy dog following me around.

    I can almost hear the G26 whimpering.....
    Always be responsible for things you aren't responsible for - James Kesterson
    If you can't write your idea on the back of a matchbook cover, you don't have a clear idea - unknown
    Never mistake activity for achievement - John Wooden


    (2)G19s, G26, G22, G42, G43, Ruger SR22, GP100, Sig Sauer P238, Colt O1991, Browning Hi-Power, Barnes BP-15, M&P 15-22, 1942 Izhevsk M91/30

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Points: 26,085, Level: 96
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    ParabellumJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    1,135
    Glocks Owned
    Gen 4 19, Gen 4 26
    Rep Power
    6
    I've switched back and forth between those two for years. But mine don't whimper because both are always loaded, always on duty. If one is on my hip the other is ready at home. I've taken classes with both as well, and when the 26 gets brought to a class and everyone else has full sized guns it makes it more satisfying knowing the baby Glock can keep up with the 19's, 17's, M&P's, Sigs and HK's. Don't forget about the little baby Glock, it may hold less rounds and give you a little less to hold on to, but it's just as capable.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

    Molon Labe

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 9,193, Level: 64
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    tim414's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NorthTX, Lake Texoma
    Posts
    1,609
    Glocks Owned
    Yep
    Rep Power
    3
    Trader





















    Jus kidding. I love my 26, and come to think when I bought it, I did not like it. It has grown on me for sure. It was my first sub frame

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Glock.pro
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 122,831, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    MtStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,165
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    Many
    Rep Power
    8

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Points: 9,193, Level: 64
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    tim414's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NorthTX, Lake Texoma
    Posts
    1,609
    Glocks Owned
    Yep
    Rep Power
    3
    Lol :d

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Points: 94,697, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Slice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    868
    Glock Armorer?
    Only for my own
    Glocks Owned
    (2) G19, G22, G26, G42, G43
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MtStream View Post
    PERFECT!

    -wonder how long that will stay in my head....
    Always be responsible for things you aren't responsible for - James Kesterson
    If you can't write your idea on the back of a matchbook cover, you don't have a clear idea - unknown
    Never mistake activity for achievement - John Wooden


    (2)G19s, G26, G22, G42, G43, Ruger SR22, GP100, Sig Sauer P238, Colt O1991, Browning Hi-Power, Barnes BP-15, M&P 15-22, 1942 Izhevsk M91/30

  8. #7
    Member
    Points: 1,796, Level: 24
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    eenascar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chalmette, la.
    Posts
    78
    Glock Armorer?
    Glock Armorer.
    Glocks Owned
    2-19, 34, 42, 43
    Rep Power
    4
    My three Glocks protect my life everyday, they are what helps me go home alive! I trust my G34, G19, G43 they are always on duty 365 Days a year no matter what the weather, and they have friends there name is Gold Dot!

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 60,359, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    NamVetJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Naples Fl
    Posts
    1,143
    Glocks Owned
    G4 26
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MtStream View Post
    you guys really really scare me, god i love this site
    He who fights to long against dragons becomes a dragon himself. No one bullies with more ravenous expertise than those who have been bullied STOP THE BULLYING

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Points: 5,165, Level: 46
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    BuckskinRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    678
    Glock Armorer?
    Someday .....
    Glocks Owned
    Anything in .40 S&W
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by NamVetJoe View Post
    you guys really really scare me, god i love this site
    That's because it takes one to know one! LOL
    NRA Life Member
    GSSF Member


    "Never mistake motion for action." - Ernest Hemingway

    "When I was younger I spent most of my money on women, wiskey, gambling, and guns ... the rest I just wasted." - Old Cowboy Saying

    "I started out with nothin' and I still have most of it left." - Unknown

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Points: 5,165, Level: 46
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    BuckskinRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    678
    Glock Armorer?
    Someday .....
    Glocks Owned
    Anything in .40 S&W
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    A Glock is just chunks of metal and plastic, but somehow my G26 became more. Having carried it for close to 3 years, using it through (6) various training classes and untold range outings and round count, I've viewed it as my faithful little puppy dog following me around, always following my commands, performing at least as well as I ask it to.

    Last night I unloaded my little friend, scratched him..erm, I mean "it" behind the ears, put it in the safe with a promise to visit often.

    This morning strapped on the G19.
    Today it is just a firearm: chunks of metal and plastic.
    Perhaps in time it will become my slightly larger puppy dog following me around.

    I can almost hear the G26 whimpering.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ParabellumJ View Post
    I've switched back and forth between those two for years. But mine don't whimper because both are always loaded, always on duty. If one is on my hip the other is ready at home. I've taken classes with both as well, and when the 26 gets brought to a class and everyone else has full sized guns it makes it more satisfying knowing the baby Glock can keep up with the 19's, 17's, M&P's, Sigs and HK's. Don't forget about the little baby Glock, it may hold less rounds and give you a little less to hold on to, but it's just as capable.
    There is a simple solution to both of your dilemma ... wear both at the same time. Big Boy on the strong side ... and the Lil' Puppy as a backup on 'tother. It's wrong in this day and age to discriminate. Can you feel Me, Bros???
    NRA Life Member
    GSSF Member


    "Never mistake motion for action." - Ernest Hemingway

    "When I was younger I spent most of my money on women, wiskey, gambling, and guns ... the rest I just wasted." - Old Cowboy Saying

    "I started out with nothin' and I still have most of it left." - Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Changed around your Glock grip size?
    By NWGlocker in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 07:50 PM
  2. Changed my Avatar :)
    By Purkeypilot in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-25-2012, 09:39 AM
  3. What have you changed on your Glock
    By biff_usn in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Changed the ads so they load faster
    By Rob in forum Site Announcements / Suggestions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 01:19 AM
  5. No More G21...So I Changed My User Name (MAsG21)
    By MacA in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 10:56 PM