FrogLube for Mags and Magwell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Points: 94,697, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Slice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    868
    Glock Armorer?
    Only for my own
    Glocks Owned
    (2) G19, G22, G26, G42, G43
    Rep Power
    4

    FrogLube for Mags and Magwell

    For those FrogLube users that don't already, FL works wonders on magazines and magwells. I've been using it on mine for a while now and it makes a noticeable difference with how easily empty mags fall out of the gun*.


    *especially after tool marks, gouges and scratches are on the mag from many failed attempts to get that &$%*! floor plate off.
    I wanted 3 of my G26 mags to have Pearce pinky extensions; I was able to replace one no problem...the other 2 were devilish.
    I took them to the Armorer at my LGS, it took BOTH of us, a bench vice, screwdriver, punch and hammer while 2 others hovered around giving dumb suggestions.
    When I asked how much I owe him, he gave me $5 to promise I'd never bring him another Glock magazine.....
    Always be responsible for things you aren't responsible for - James Kesterson
    If you can't write your idea on the back of a matchbook cover, you don't have a clear idea - unknown
    Never mistake activity for achievement - John Wooden


    (2)G19s, G26, G22, G42, G43, Ruger SR22, GP100, Sig Sauer P238, Colt O1991, Browning Hi-Power, Barnes BP-15, M&P 15-22, 1942 Izhevsk M91/30

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Points: 4,226, Level: 41
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    wouaheche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    149
    Glock Armorer?
    No
    Glocks Owned
    G19
    Rep Power
    4
    Hahaha

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 321,566, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Rowdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,769
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G17 Gen 4, G17 L,G17 Gen3 RTF2 w/gills, G19 Gen 3, G19 Gen4, G22, G26, G27, G20, G36, G30s, G42
    Rep Power
    10
    Thanks for the tip Slice. Never thought about using FL on mags.
    If you really want to fly, get out of the plane.

    Member: NRA, IDPA, GSSF
    GLOCK Certified Armorer

    G22 Gen 3 RTF2 Gills, G17 Gen 4, G17L, G17 RTF2 Gills, G20 w/ATS Sights, G19 Gen 3, G19 Gen 4 w/Trijicon Night Sights
    G26 w/Glock Night Sights, G27, G30S, G42, H & R 922 Revolver, Ruger SR1911, Ruger Mark III 22/45, Browning Buckmark .22
    S&W M&P 40 Shield, M&P 9 Shield, Mossberg 500A Persuader, Rock River AR-15, Marlin XT .17 HMR, Mossberg Maverick 88 20 Ga.
    Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Glock.pro
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 94,697, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Slice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    868
    Glock Armorer?
    Only for my own
    Glocks Owned
    (2) G19, G22, G26, G42, G43
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdie View Post
    Thanks for the tip Slice. Never thought about using FL on mags.

    The first part of my post is true and correct, FL on mags make a noticeable difference.

    The second part of the post describes events that happened today with perhaps slight embellishment.....
    Always be responsible for things you aren't responsible for - James Kesterson
    If you can't write your idea on the back of a matchbook cover, you don't have a clear idea - unknown
    Never mistake activity for achievement - John Wooden


    (2)G19s, G26, G22, G42, G43, Ruger SR22, GP100, Sig Sauer P238, Colt O1991, Browning Hi-Power, Barnes BP-15, M&P 15-22, 1942 Izhevsk M91/30

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Points: 321,566, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Rowdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,769
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G17 Gen 4, G17 L,G17 Gen3 RTF2 w/gills, G19 Gen 3, G19 Gen4, G22, G26, G27, G20, G36, G30s, G42
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    The first part of my post is true and correct, FL on mags make a noticeable difference.

    The second part of the post describes events that happened today with perhaps slight embellishment.....
    Really! I can't imagine that was embellished!!
    If you really want to fly, get out of the plane.

    Member: NRA, IDPA, GSSF
    GLOCK Certified Armorer

    G22 Gen 3 RTF2 Gills, G17 Gen 4, G17L, G17 RTF2 Gills, G20 w/ATS Sights, G19 Gen 3, G19 Gen 4 w/Trijicon Night Sights
    G26 w/Glock Night Sights, G27, G30S, G42, H & R 922 Revolver, Ruger SR1911, Ruger Mark III 22/45, Browning Buckmark .22
    S&W M&P 40 Shield, M&P 9 Shield, Mossberg 500A Persuader, Rock River AR-15, Marlin XT .17 HMR, Mossberg Maverick 88 20 Ga.
    Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Points: 2,852, Level: 32
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    steve2w171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    126
    Glocks Owned
    G23Gen3, G19Gen4,G26Gen4, G30SF, G21 Gen4,G22 Gen4, G27 Gen3, G17 Gen3, Sig Sauer P238
    Rep Power
    3
    I use Frog lube on my guns, but wouldn't put it in the magwell. I do though dampen a cloth with armor all and wipe down my mags occasionally, then a clean dry cloth to wipe the mags dry and and polished.
    Steven M. Howard
    TSgt USAF Retired
    Aircraft Armament Systems Technician

    NRA Member
    NAGR Frontline Defender
    G17 gen3, G19 gen4, Sig Sauer P238, Beretta 92FS, SA 1911 Loaded

  8. #7
    Member
    Points: 1,026, Level: 17
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    shiloh228's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    48
    Glocks Owned
    G19 Gen 3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by steve2w171 View Post
    I use Frog lube on my guns, but wouldn't put it in the magwell. I do though dampen a cloth with armor all and wipe down my mags occasionally, then a clean dry cloth to wipe the mags dry and and polished.
    I've started to do this with BreakFree CLP...figured it couldn't hurt.
    " Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol! "

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 61,969, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Purkeypilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Southwest USA
    Posts
    1,502
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G19, G26, G36, G43
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    For those FrogLube users that don't already, FL works wonders on magazines and magwells. I've been using it on mine for a while now and it makes a noticeable difference with how easily empty mags fall out of the gun*.


    *especially after tool marks, gouges and scratches are on the mag from many failed attempts to get that &$%*! floor plate off.
    I wanted 3 of my G26 mags to have Pearce pinky extensions; I was able to replace one no problem...the other 2 were devilish.
    No joke!! A little over a year ago, I took the floor plates off 2 of my G26 magazines...it was truly absurd! I ended up having to insert one of my Armorer's Tools in ALL the way in order to get the leverage needed to get the floor plate past the 2 nodes on the magazine box that holds it on, and I kid you not; it bent the tool pretty bad! It's still usable, but every time I see that Armorer's Tool (punch) I just think about that and laugh to myself. Seems like overkill, but at least you know the floor plate will not likely just pop off if you drop your magazines
    GSSF Member
    GLOCK Certified Armorer
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer
    INSIGHT Firearms Training Development<---Link

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Points: 26,085, Level: 96
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    ParabellumJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    1,135
    Glocks Owned
    Gen 4 19, Gen 4 26
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Purkeypilot View Post
    No joke!! A little over a year ago, I took the floor plates off 2 of my G26 magazines...it was truly absurd! I ended up having to insert one of my Armorer's Tools in ALL the way in order to get the leverage needed to get the floor plate past the 2 nodes on the magazine box that holds it on, and I kid you not; it bent the tool pretty bad! It's still usable, but every time I see that Armorer's Tool (punch) I just think about that and laugh to myself. Seems like overkill, but at least you know the floor plate will not likely just pop off if you drop your magazines
    Lol, I have a bent Glock tool too. Used it to remove a magazine plate
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

    Molon Labe

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Points: 61,969, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Purkeypilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Southwest USA
    Posts
    1,502
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G19, G26, G36, G43
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ParabellumJ View Post
    Lol, I have a bent Glock tool too. Used it to remove a magazine plate
    Haha! NICE!
    GSSF Member
    GLOCK Certified Armorer
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer
    INSIGHT Firearms Training Development<---Link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ok, got my Froglube kit today so . . .
    By Shadow1 in forum Glock Cleaning / Lubrication
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 09:08 PM
  2. Best Magwell for G21 SF ???
    By TKParker in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 10:40 AM
  3. ZEV Tech Magwell in Gen4 G35?
    By cohland in forum Glock Tech / Warranty
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
  4. Magwell plug question
    By Marc in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 01:59 AM
  5. WTS Glock Dawson ICE magwell
    By motorcopm4 in forum Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 12:27 AM

Search tags for this page

froglube on magazines

,

glock magwell g42

Click on a term to search for related topics.