Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Super Moderator
    Points: 634,874, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    cohland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    3,188
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G17, G19, G34, G35, G21SF
    Rep Power
    11

    At this point, I think the situation is that the gun is working correctly, but that you have an older trigger bar, without the bump. Is that right?

    If so, then I can offer a few pieces of information.

    First, I see no need to change the trigger bar to a new one unless you really want to be picky about keeping all Gen4 parts in the gun. I know of others who have replaced the Gen4 trigger bar with an older model with no problems.

    Second, the modification that was done on your old trigger bar was most likely filing the part that contacts the nose of the striker. If there is a "sear" on a Glock, this is it: the area where the trigger bar contacts (and releases) the striker. Messing around with this will result in what I think the instructor called "undesirable and unreliable consequences".

    This is a photo of a trigger bar with the area in question circled:Name:  d_60.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  11.7 KB

    If that was done, I would not use that trigger bar. Filing the bar in that area is a very bad idea. If you don't know if it was filed, the only way I can think of to make the determination is to set it next to a new trigger bar and see if the cruciform is the same. If it looks altered on the one that was in the pistol, I would get rid of it.



    Third, Ghost makes at least two types of connectors. The "Ghost Rocket"Name:  Ghost Rocket.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  22.8 KB has a tab (sticking out to the right in the photo) that must be filed down to fit a particular Glock. That tab is an overtravel stop. If that is not fitted correctly, the gun will not reset. You need to follow the instructions packaged with the Ghost Rocket in order to do it correctly. Moving a Ghost Rocket from one Glock to another may not be successul, it is a matter of fitting.

    The other Ghost connector type, the "Ghost Ultimate" Name:  Ghost Ultimate.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  2.1 KB is a more traditional Glock connector, with no overtravel stop. This is a drop-in part, and should have no effect on overtravel or the ability of the gun to reset.

    Chris
    Last edited by cohland; 07-08-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

    Abraham Lincoln



  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Points: 234, Level: 4
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    element80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    18
    Glock Armorer?
    No
    Glocks Owned
    Glock 27 Gen 4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cohland View Post
    At this point, I think the situation is that the gun is working correctly, but that you have an older trigger bar, without the bump. Is that right?

    If so, then I can offer a few pieces of information.

    First, I see no need to change the trigger bar to a new one unless you really want to be picky about keeping all Gen4 parts in the gun. I know of others who have replaced the Gen4 trigger bar with an older model with no problems.

    Second, the modification that was done on your old trigger bar was most likely filing the part that contacts the nose of the striker. If there is a "sear" on a Glock, this is it: the area where the trigger bar contacts (and releases) the striker. Messing around with this will result in what I think the instructor called "undesirable and unreliable consequences".

    This is a photo of a trigger bar with the area in question circled:Name:  d_60.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  11.7 KB

    If that was done, I would not use that trigger bar. Filing the bar in that area is a very bad idea. If you don't know if it was filed, the only way I can think of to make the determination is to set it next to a new trigger bar and see if the cruciform is the same. If it looks altered on the one that was in the pistol, I would get rid of it.



    Third, Ghost makes at least two types of connectors. The "Ghost Rocket"Name:  Ghost Rocket.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  22.8 KB has a tab (sticking out to the right in the photo) that must be filed down to fit a particular Glock. That tab is an overtravel stop. If that is not fitted correctly, the gun will not reset. You need to follow the instructions packaged with the Ghost Rocket in order to do it correctly. Moving a Ghost Rocket from one Glock to another may not be successul, it is a matter of fitting.

    The other Ghost connector type, the "Ghost Ultimate" Name:  Ghost Ultimate.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  2.1 KB is a more traditional Glock connector, with no overtravel stop. This is a drop-in part, and should have no effect on overtravel or the ability of the gun to reset.

    Chris
    yes, now I have the older trigger bar without the bump, and the standard Ghost 3.5 connector...I am waiting on the "." connector to come in...wanted to put the sp00357 (smooth trigger) in the gun, to get the bumpless triggerbar, and smooth trigger...so right now I am halfway to where I wanted to be and the gun is finally running...

    the area you circled is what the armorer said had been modified on my supposedly "Stock" , "brand new" glock....I think it is more likely that the Ghost connector just didn't work well with the Gen4 trigger bar...

    he did point out that there was no smiley face on my barrel, but also no copper grease - so it may have been new, just had the grease wiped off...strange because the dealer wouldn't even let me remove the slide prior to purchase
    Glock 27 Gen4

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Points: 26,767, Level: 97
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Purkeypilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Southwest USA
    Posts
    1,118
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G19, G26, G36
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by element80 View Post
    yes, now I have the older trigger bar without the bump, and the standard Ghost 3.5 connector...I am waiting on the "." connector to come in...wanted to put the sp00357 (smooth trigger) in the gun, to get the bumpless triggerbar, and smooth trigger...so right now I am halfway to where I wanted to be and the gun is finally running...

    the area you circled is what the armorer said had been modified on my supposedly "Stock" , "brand new" glock....I think it is more likely that the Ghost connector just didn't work well with the Gen4 trigger bar...

    he did point out that there was no smiley face on my barrel, but also no copper grease - so it may have been new, just had the grease wiped off...strange because the dealer wouldn't even let me remove the slide prior to purchase
    That is absolutely unacceptable. If a dealer would not allow me to field strip a weapon so I could personally inspect it before giving them several hundered dollars, I would without hesitation set the firearm back down on the counter and walk out never to return
    GSSF Member
    GLOCK Certified Armorer
    NRA Endowment Member
    INSIGHT Firearms Training Development

    Rise to the challenge. Embrace the suck.

    Be ready. Be practical. Be humble.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Points: 257,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Otintx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South of Texas
    Posts
    2,995
    Glock Armorer?
    No
    Glocks Owned
    Several
    Rep Power
    6
    As rash as that sounds I must agree, especially as I am knowledgeable about how to do it and what to look for once it is off !


    Maybe that was his concern as well ...



    ~ click Click BOOM ~

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Points: 234, Level: 4
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    element80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    18
    Glock Armorer?
    No
    Glocks Owned
    Glock 27 Gen 4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Purkeypilot View Post
    That is absolutely unacceptable. If a dealer would not allow me to field strip a weapon so I could personally inspect it before giving them several hundered dollars, I would without hesitation set the firearm back down on the counter and walk out never to return
    Quote Originally Posted by Otintx View Post
    As rash as that sounds I must agree, especially as I am knowledgeable about how to do it and what to look for once it is off !


    Maybe that was his concern as well ...


    I totally agree. The Gen4 felt better in my hand, and it was easier to operate the mag release - he was the only seller in 100 mile radius (for over a month) that had one in stock. My father and brother have purchased Springfield and Sig products from them as well as my extended family, and they came highly recommended. - I will never go back - you only get one shot to earn my business Noonday Gun Trader blew it, Hot Rod Arms is doing good enough right now, and the test will come when I bring them new sights to install.
    Glock 27 Gen4

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Points: 12, Level: 1
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    vermontdane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    I had the trigger reset issue on my gen4 34. Also it had a 6lb trigger instead of the spec 4.5 lb. I bought the Ghost Rocket 3.5 lb kit (connector, springs, etc.) from Brownells. After installing now have a perfect functioning 3.5 lb trigger and no reset issues. 100-003-306 ROCKET GLOCK TRIGGER KIT 1 $39.99. the only fitting is with the new connector.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gen-4 23 ((Increasing)) The Trigger pull via NY-Trigger Spring
    By 44Mag in forum Glock Tech / Warranty
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 01:36 AM
  2. G19 Trigger/Trigger Bar Questions
    By zzulu in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
  3. Gen4 Trigger Assembly
    By Jeeper in forum Glock Tech / Warranty
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 02:56 PM
  4. Trigger not resetting when dry firing.
    By CharlieM in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 07:31 PM
  5. Gen4 trigger weight-- is it heavier than older Glocks?
    By NWGlocker in forum Glock Tech / Warranty
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 09:20 PM

Search tags for this page

ghost trigger won't reset
,
glock 27 trigger not resetting
,
glock 35 trigger wont reset
,

glock trigger not resetting

,
glock trigger reset problem
,
glock trigger will not reset
,

glock trigger won't reset

,
glock trigger wont reset
Click on a term to search for related topics.