Connector Comparison Test: Comments and Suggestions Please - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Points: 67,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    NWGlocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,628
    Glock Armorer?
    '11, '14 & '17
    Glocks Owned
    More 'n I ever expected
    Rep Power
    13
    That's why I'm hoping for a lease option. Guess we will see.
    Question your assumptions

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Points: 12,461, Level: 73
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 0%
    OklahomaSafeShooting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norman, OK
    Posts
    1,300
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    19, 22, 27, 42
    Rep Power
    11
    Chris, We think alike in the approach to this question. Especially the removal of as many variables as possible in the testing. I use the Lyman scale as well and the only way in a bench static pull that I found to be consistant was to bring the scale down 45 degrees from the plane of the slide and pull. This way the roller would stay in the proper position and not ride up as noted in your first post. I found that my mean deviation in a series of 10 pull test was normally held to 4 ounces or less. I am interested in your wooden finger and want to see a famous "Chris Pic".
    The term "Undocumented Alien" is like calling a drug pusher an "Un-Licensed Pharmacist"

  3. #13
    Super Moderator
    Points: 3,388,149, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    cohland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,884
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G19, G34 (presently)
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaSafeShooting View Post
    Chris, We think alike in the approach to this question. Especially the removal of as many variables as possible in the testing. I use the Lyman scale as well and the only way in a bench static pull that I found to be consistant was to bring the scale down 45 degrees from the plane of the slide and pull. This way the roller would stay in the proper position and not ride up as noted in your first post. I found that my mean deviation in a series of 10 pull test was normally held to 4 ounces or less. I am interested in your wooden finger and want to see a famous "Chris Pic".
    Oklahoma,

    Here are photos of the "wooden trigger finger", they should be self-explanatory. I fully admit that the thing is ugly as sin, but woodworking is just not my thing. I hacked it out of a piece of oak flooring with a Dremel tool. It does pull the trigger safety back and allow me to pull the trigger straight back, though.

    Name:  Roller on Trigger Pull Gauge.jpg
Views: 13754
Size:  361.3 KB

    Name:  Wooden Finger Detail.jpg
Views: 2274
Size:  258.4 KB


    Name:  Wooden Finger on Trigger Pull Gauge.jpg
Views: 3972
Size:  395.4 KB

    Chris
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

    Abraham Lincoln



  4. Remove Advertisements
    Glock.pro
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Super Moderator
    Points: 55,396, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    __jb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    6,876
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    Help... My Glocks have started multiplying...
    Rep Power
    22
    Excellent project, Chris!

    I'll be interested to see how consistent your results are with your "wooden finger." I have a Lyman digital gauge and find it very inconsistent, too... especially for a digital gauge... I have ended up using an RCBS analog trigger pull scale... It is easier to grab the trigger with and doesn't seem to slide up like the Lyman roller. I think most trigger vendors grab the bottom of the trigger... more aggressive readings... better advertising... so, that's what I do too.

    Glock Warehouse - Product Detail - Zev Tech V4 Race Connector - $15.00

    Also... There is a new ZEV Tech 4 race connector (see link above) available from GlockWorx... I have heard that it is much better than the V3 version... You might want to try that also (or instead)... I have not tried one.
    "While the anti-gunners seem very concerned about the "one life" that your firearm might take -- they are not very concerned about the lives it will save." Jon H. Gutmacher, Florida Firearms - Law, Use & Ownership

  6. #15
    Member
    Points: 5,451, Level: 47
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    judgecrater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by __jb View Post
    Excellent project, Chris!

    I'll be interested to see how consistent your results are with your "wooden finger." I have a Lyman digital gauge and find it very inconsistent, too... especially for a digital gauge... I have ended up using an RCBS analog trigger pull scale... It is easier to grab the trigger with and doesn't seem to slide up like the Lyman roller. I think most trigger vendors grab the bottom of the trigger... more aggressive readings... better advertising... so, that's what I do too.

    Glock Warehouse - Product Detail - Zev Tech V4 Race Connector - $15.00

    Also... There is a new ZEV Tech 4 race connector (see link above) available from GlockWorx... I have heard that it is much better than the V3 version... You might want to try that also (or instead)... I have not tried one.
    I too find the Lyman roller wants to run up or down the trigger causing some inconsistencies. Let us know how giving your scale the finger works out. It has promise.
    Second, I spoke to Glockworx. The said there latest production run from their supplier now includes a last polish step that they think is an improvement. Existing current orders will be filled with this newer production run but that the balance of the run (around 800 pieces) are going to Brownells.

  7. #16
    Super Moderator
    Points: 3,388,149, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    cohland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,884
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G19, G34 (presently)
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by judgecrater View Post
    I too find the Lyman roller wants to run up or down the trigger causing some inconsistencies. Let us know how giving your scale the finger works out. It has promise.
    Second, I spoke to Glockworx. The said there latest production run from their supplier now includes a last polish step that they think is an improvement. Existing current orders will be filled with this newer production run but that the balance of the run (around 800 pieces) are going to Brownells.
    Guess I better order one of those new connectors.

    I'm gong to develop a prettier wooden fingertip. The one I have now is so ugly that it embarrasses me.

    Chris
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

    Abraham Lincoln



  8. #17
    Member
    Points: 5,451, Level: 47
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    judgecrater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by cohland View Post
    Guess I better order one of those new connectors.

    I'm gong to develop a prettier wooden fingertip. The one I have now is so ugly that it embarrasses me.

    Chris
    It is pretty homely. I was trying to think of junk that I might use to increase the diameter of the roller to around 1/2 inch with a rubber tubing exterior. I'll see what I can come up with and let you know.

  9. #18
    Super Moderator
    Points: 3,388,149, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    cohland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,884
    Glock Armorer?
    Yes
    Glocks Owned
    G19, G34 (presently)
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by judgecrater View Post
    It is pretty homely. I was trying to think of junk that I might use to increase the diameter of the roller to around 1/2 inch with a rubber tubing exterior. I'll see what I can come up with and let you know.
    HOMELY!

    That is really funny! I made a prettier one tdoay, not quite as embarrassing. Results to be posted tomorrow AM after I wake up and proofread the post.

    Chris
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

    Abraham Lincoln



  10. #19
    Member
    Points: 5,451, Level: 47
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    judgecrater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by cohland View Post
    HOMELY!

    That is really funny! I made a prettier one tdoay, not quite as embarrassing. Results to be posted tomorrow AM after I wake up and proofread the post.

    Chris
    OK, have returned from the garage and did a mod to the Lyman. Version 1.0.
    I found a drill accessory that had a rubber part that fits on the original trigger finger. Used a little black tape to get a snug fit. This Greatly increase the repeatability of the gauge. It still can roll but I am not sure that is a good thing. No longer does the gauge relocate it self on the trigger.Name:  trigger guage.JPG
Views: 897
Size:  129.4 KB

  11. #20
    Member
    Points: 2,296, Level: 28
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    58sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    43
    Glock Armorer?
    Advanced
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes, I'm resurrecting a really old thread. I'm looking to continue doing my extensive connector testing and want to be more consistent with the Lyman gauge. Has anyone else made a similar device, or come up with another solution for ensuring proper placement on the Glock trigger? 3D print something? I've got about a dozen or so connectors to test, each with at least 10 pulls, so I want the results to be valid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Glock 23 gen 4 review and comparison to gen 3 23
    By Tshark in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
  2. Ammo Size Comparison Charts
    By Otintx in forum Ammunition
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 10:56 PM
  3. comparison
    By Marc in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
  4. Best Self defense Ammo Comparison.
    By DWinter in forum Ammunition
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 11:43 PM
  5. My first Glock, any suggestions/ comments?
    By jbwood003 in forum Glock Pistols
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 07:42 PM

Search tags for this page

best 3.5 connector for glock
,
glock comparison chart
,

glock connector comparison

,

glock safety trigger

,

glock trigger connector comparison

,
glock trigger pull
,

glock trigger safety

,
lone wolf discount code
,

trigger pull gauge

,
zev tech v4 race connector review